Unpredictable/unwanted borders around images in online PDFs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Paul_N
Propeller Head

Unpredictable/unwanted borders around images in online PDFs

Post by Paul_N »

I'm using Flare 12 to produce a 500 page doc full of worked examples of our software. There are lots of images in it (PNGs), and some have plain white backgounds. I don't want borders around any PNG, and have set img style to be solid 0px transparent. And the style p.image. This is for Medium=print and =default.

When I print pages in the resultant PDF there are no borders around images, and if I output it as HTML5 there are no borders.

But if I view the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC then black borders appear around the images, in an unpredictable way, depending on the zoom level. If I mess with the zoom level then top/bottom/left/right borders appear and disappear seemingly at random.

Am I stuck with this behaviour i.e. it's just an artefact of PDFs in Acrobat, of is there a way of getting rid of borders totally?
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unpredictable/unwanted borders around images in online P

Post by wclass »

I have my img class defined as border: none; and that works.
Maybe the renderer has a problem as it is set to solid but with 0 width.

Code: Select all

img { border: none; }
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Paul_N
Propeller Head

Re: Unpredictable/unwanted borders around images in online P

Post by Paul_N »

@Wclass
I did try those settings, but the borders still intermittently appear, depending on the zoom level. It's not a show stopper so I'll just put it down to a quirk of how Acrobat Pro DC and Flare output play (it's not an issue with PDFs from FrameMaker). I'll set notifications = on for this thread, just in case someone has a solution in the future.