Displaying unlinked entry in TOC but not in document itself

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Madeline
Propeller Head

Displaying unlinked entry in TOC but not in document itself

Post by Madeline »

hi,

Currently in Word we manually insert section headings in the word TOC after the TOC has been generated. For example:

Notices----------------------------------------1
Copyright
etc

Notices appears in the print TOC but doesn't correspond to a topic or appear in the document itself (Copyright is the first heading in the Notices section).

I've used unlinked entries and the 'Inject headings for unlined books in TOC' to get the entries to display in the Print TOC but they're also displaying in the document itself. Is there some way to suppress this?

Thanks
Madeline
smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Displaying unlinked entry in TOC but not in document its

Post by smajors »

I'm not sure; but what I do is have divider pages that act as a new section, and that divider topic has only the section name (H1) in it, but that page still shows up in my output.

Could you put "Notices" in a topic as H1 and every topic under it as H2? Or do you not want Notices to be anywhere in the doc other than the TOC? If that's the case I'm not sure, I was just thinking of some other options.
Technical Writer
Training & Development Team/Marketing Department