Wrong font in word when p tag is inside blockquote

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Wrong font in word when p tag is inside blockquote

Post by TeSol »

Hi,

My Word output is giving the incorrect font at times. The pattern I have noticed is that this seems to be happening when there is a <p> tag inside a <blockquote>.

This is how the incorrect Word output looks.

Option to view the list of filters that have been created. (Appears in correct font Arial 10)
Block quote starts.....
The user should click the icon to display the Create New Filter screen. Here, the user should be able to enter details and create a new temporary or static filter in either simple or expert mode.
The newly added filter should be displayed in the Filter Overview pop-up window.
The user should delete a filter by selecting the check box against the filter name and clicking the icon.
Block quote ends....
The lines between the block quote have <p> tag in each line. They should be indented to the right.
The indentation is not happening in Word when I copy the output from the generated Word doc (doc1) and paste in another Word doc (doc2) - this step is required as the output is part of a larger document.
The font in Doc2 after pasting is different - not Arial 10.

Any ideas why this is happening? Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
Thanks.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Wrong font in word when p tag is inside blockquote

Post by wclass »

Is the indent OK in the generated "doc1"?

If it is, then how are you copying the text? This might depend on what your defaults are set to - it could be set to "paste text only" which would explain your result. Or it could be set to "use destination styles" and you might have a conflict of styles in there. When you paste in Word you should get a little pop-up that lets you choose - try picking "keep source formats".

In Word, look in File > Options > Advanced and scroll to the "Cut Copy Paste" section to see what your pasting defaults are.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
TeSol
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Wrong font in word when p tag is inside blockquote

Post by TeSol »

No, the indents are not ok. They should be 0.5" from the margin but currently they do not get indented at all.

I select Use Destination under Paste Special since I want the styles to be as per that document (heading numberings that are not possible through Flare).

Regards,
TeSol