Table Headings Color in PDF Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Christina
Propeller Head

Table Headings Color in PDF Output

Post by Christina »

I'm trying to update the settings for table headings for my PDF output. However, I went everywhere in the css and the table css to update the color, but it's still the same color it was, whic was #006400

I want it to be #408740.

The feedback I got from Madcap was:

"In InstallingSecureAnywhere.htm, the color is being set to #006400. It is being set in the TableBasicStyles.css. The attribute is .TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadE . This appears to be in the print medium ("@media print" starting line 166 in TableBasicStyle.css). You'll see a lot of color #006400 throughout that stylesheet (38 times!) so maybe you just want to change all of them, unless you want there to be a difference between "@media print" and "@media non-print".

However, I’m not sure where in the TableStyleBasic.css I can locate .TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadE. Or where line 166 is. Or where to change the color – All I can see is a block of areas, no line 166.
In the TableStyleBasic, there are five tabs on the left (General, Rows, Columns, Header, and Footer), but no line 166, and no TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadE. Attribute. Where do I find the place to change the color where it is appearing 38 times?

Thanks in advance.
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Table Headings Color in PDF Output

Post by devans »

In Flare, if you open the Content Explorer, you can select Resources > TableStyles. You should be able to find TableStyleBasic. If you right click on it and select Open, you get the five tabs you mentioned. Try changing the background colour on the Header tab and hopefully that will update the style everywhere it is used.
Christina
Propeller Head

Post by Christina »

Thank you, but I'm not looking to find a way to change the background color, I'm trying to find a way to change the color of the font used in the Header. MadCap was telling me to change the style in the table style sheet, on line 116, but there is no line 116, so I might be looking in the wrong place?
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devans »

Can you find the style if you go to Project > Master Stylesheet? Change the Medium to Print and you should be able to change the colour on the Font...if you can find the style. :?

Other stylesheets are available in the Content Explorer > Resources folder.
Christina
Propeller Head

Post by Christina »

Alas, I do not have a Master Stylesheet. There is an icon for it in the Project tab, but it is greyed out and not active.
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devans »

Oh dear! I think you can copy a stylesheet into your project from one of the templates supplied with Flare but you'd then need to go right through your document(s) and apply the appropriate style to each paragraph. It's the recommended method but if everything else in your document is working except for the table heading colours, you probably don't want to do that. Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully somebody else can.
Christina
Propeller Head

Post by Christina »

Thank you for trying! I will keep asking MadCap if they have an answer for me. I'll post what I find out, in case anybody else needs to know the information.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

You do have a master stylesheet, here's how to find it.

Open the target that generates your PDF output. On the General tab, fifth box down, the master stylesheet is listed. To find what medium is used, on the Advanced tab the stylesheet medium is shown.

Can you post the code from the Text Editor for the top line of your table? That might help us to help you.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Christina
Propeller Head

Post by Christina »

I do have a master stylesheet that I'm using for both my online output and print output. I know where it's located, and I know what it's called. But the icon for it is greyed out; I've attached an image so you can see it.

And here's the code for the header row of my table; it's from the text editor on a topic where a table shows up.

<table style="width: 100%;mc-table-style: url('../Resources/TableStyles/TableBasicStyle.css');" class="TableStyle-TableBasicStyle" cellspacing="0">
<col class="TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-Column-Column1" style="width: 188px;" />
<col class="TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-Column-Column1" />
<thead>
<tr class="TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-Head-Header1">
<th class="TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadE-Column1-Header1">EDITION</th>
<th class="TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadD-Column1-Header1">DESCRIPTION</th>
</tr>
</thead>

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Thanks for the extra info.

In Flare open your TableBasicStyle table stylesheet with the internal text editor (in Content Explorer right-click the table stylesheet and on the menu point to Open with and click Internal Text Editor)
Search for "TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadE-Column1-Header1". You may find several occurences of it. The entry will look something like this (I just took this from my own table stylesheet so yours won't be exactly the same):

Code: Select all

.TableStyle-TableBasicStyle-HeadE-Column1-Header1
	{
		padding-right: 0.5em;
		border-bottom-width: 0.5pt;
		border-bottom-color: #a9a9a9;
		border-bottom-style: solid;
               color: #006400;
	}
edit "color: #408740" so it has the colour you want in there.

As the Tech Support person mentioned, you have 38 instances of " color: #006400" in the stylesheet, so you might want to search and replace that line with the colour you're after (but of course that's with the suggestion to make a backup of your table stylesheet before you go messing around with it!)

Hope that helps.
Christina
Propeller Head

Post by Christina »

Hey, thank you so much, now I know where the text editor version for the table style sheet lives. It was very easy to do a find and replace, and now the color shows up as it should do. : D
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Christina wrote:Hey, thank you so much, now I know where the text editor version for the table style sheet lives. It was very easy to do a find and replace, and now the color shows up as it should do. : D
Yay!!! :lol: