Font is embedded in PDF, but not used where specified

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Font is embedded in PDF, but not used where specified

Post by trent the thief »

Hi,

I'm using font other than the Windows defaults. I specified it in the stylesheet and it works in the HTML5 output. However, it only appears in bulleted items in the PDF. I've tried adding font-family to the other styles and the output hasn't change. I verified that the font is embedded in the PDF.

Edit: The PDF preview uses the right font.

I'm out of possibilities. Any ideas?
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Font is embedded in PDF, but not used where specified

Post by Nita Beck »

I would scrutinize the stylesheet to make sure that the syntax is right where you’ve used that other font. I’ve seen issues sometimes where the lack of a single quotation mark or the use of double quotation marks instead of single quotation marks (or was it the reverse?) where you are calling the font is the root of the problem. Flare’s editor doesn’t consider this as invalid, but it’s enough to cause the font not to be rendered. Does that make any sense? Honestly, this is a long shot, but I’ve seen it before...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Font is embedded in PDF, but not used where specified

Post by trent the thief »

Thank, Nita.

I'll comb through it again. It's odd that I see a proper preview version and find the font embedded and then not see it used everywhere it's specified.

Have a great weekend.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: