Build failed: Access to the path: C:\My Projects...denied.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
vmersy
Jr. Propeller Head

Build failed: Access to the path: C:\My Projects...denied.

Post by vmersy »

I am suddenly getting this error when I try to build one of the PDF files. The first time I build it, there is no error. The second time I build it, I receive the error. If I go to the Output Folder and try to delete a folder there, I get the message, "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder." I am the only one who uses MapCap Flare in our company and this was never an issue for me before. I asked the company IT administrator to log into my computer, and he was unable to make changes or build the file as well. I am using version 12. Could it be related to the anti-virus software our company uses? Any ideas you may have about what may be causing this is appreciated.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Build failed: Access to the path: C:\My Projects...denie

Post by devjoe »

Usually this is because you have the last build of the PDF open somewhere. If you opened in in a browser, you may have to completely close the browser before it releases its hold on the file.
vmersy
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by vmersy »

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked to make sure the PDF was closed, tried it again, but am still getting the error. I am able to build the PDF if I use the Clean Project option on the Project ribbon and then reboot. This clears out the folder that stores my PDFs. I have 17 PDFs for my project, which all disappear when I use this process. Then it allows me to build any them once. Twice - and it gives me the error. So I'm hoping to be able to fix the problem with a more permanent solution. I appreciate any ideas.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Post by trent the thief »

I've had issues with Flare not believing the PDF was actually closed until I closed Acrobat, not just dismissed the file. A couple of times even having an Explorer open that was used to look in to the put put directory kept it from working. I tend to think that this is a windows issue.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

I had those issues with Outlook. After attaching a PDF to an email and sending it Outlook still kept a lock on the file. Restarting Outlook was the only option.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Outlook and Adobe do not play well together. Snagit can lock files, even after they are closed in Snagit, as well.

If you're having issues you can click the show hidden icons button on the Windows task bar, right click program icons, and close them. The Windows task manager can also be used to force a program running in the background to close.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.