Word target failing

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Word target failing

Post by oceanclub »

Suddenly we cannot build a Word version of a guide; the target gives either: "Build failed: the RPC server is unavailable (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

When I try again, I get "Build failed: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Flare\Output\....Title.xml' because it is being used by another process. "

Yet another person trying is told that Microsoft Word isn't installed (it is).

P.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Word target failing

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

First, close the project and delete the Analyzer and Output files, then open the project and try again. That might fix it.

If that doesn't work, clean the project and try again.

If that doesn't work, check that your .NET installation is still ok, and repair it from Control Panel.

After that, I have no suggestions so wait and see if anyone else comes up with anything. How very frustrating for you!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

Hmm unfortunately I can't clean my project; when I try, the dialog box stretches off the screens so I can't confirm the operation and the dialog box has no scroll bars so I can reach the button. :evil:

EDIT: Now when I try I get this error:

Build failed: Generation of output can not be completed.

The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER).

Also when I check my desktop - bear in mind MS Word is initially completely closed down - there is now a Microsoft Word dialog box saying:

There are too many spelling and grammatical mistakes in Title.xml to continue displaying them. etc.

P.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Post by trent the thief »

Did this begin as an imported file? If so, is Target > General > Auto-Sync checked? That error make it sound as though Flare is accessing Word, which is choking on choking on spelling issues (been there) and then hanging, which causes the build to fail because Word isn't answering.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
Thrups
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Thrups »

I am trying to publish a .doc file too and keep getting the error "RPC server is unavailable". I tried deleting Analyzer and Output folders, cleaning the Project, repairing .Net, repairing Microsoft Office. But it still throws the error. Did anyone find a solution to this issue? Please help.

Update:- I am able to publish the content if I reduce the number of files in my TOC. For example, if there are 10 files in the TOC, it throws the specified error. If I reduce the files to 5, it publishes the content without errors. So I am temporarily publishing the content part by part and then appending them. But really wish I can find a permanent solution !!!