Setting page breaks in PDF for drop-down headings

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
JRtechw
Propeller Head

Setting page breaks in PDF for drop-down headings

Post by JRtechw »

What a nightmare.

I simply cannot induce a page break before for drop-down heading styles in Flare output to PDF. I've tried adding page-break-before: always to:

MadCap|dropDownHead
MadCap|dropDownHotspot
MCDropDownHead
dropDownHead

These are all span styles so won't work. Making the drop-down heading text itself a heading style with page break set doesn't work.

I've tried hiding the above styles in PDF output and putting a conditioned print-only heading below the dropdown header. No dice. Flare simply refuses to set a page break before for drop down headings, and any headings inside a drop down have page breaks ignored.

Unless there is a simple way to 'deactivate' dropdowns in PDF outputs, I'm out of ideas. It's not the CSS: my headings page break nicely and exactly where I want them. It's just fiddling with dropdowns. I'd ditch them, but I need to include several largish sections in one article in several places, and dropdowns are handy for that.

How do you guys handle this?
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Setting page breaks in PDF for drop-down headings

Post by AlexFox »

I put my dropdowns directly into a div block and set page-break-before: always on the div, works for me :)
JRtechw
Propeller Head

Re: Setting page breaks in PDF for drop-down headings

Post by JRtechw »

Had not even occurred to me, even though I've got a page-break div style for that exact reason!

Much appreciated. I was just about to divvy my content up into snippets and have two topics for such articles, one with dropdowns for online and one with headings for print.