Using Unlinked TOC Items as Chapter Title Pages

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ewilkeft
Jr. Propeller Head

Using Unlinked TOC Items as Chapter Title Pages

Post by ewilkeft »

I have inherited Flare files from an employee who left our company, and am trying to mimic his outputs in my own Flare projects built from the ground up. In his files, he used an unlinked TOC book as a title page to separate each chapter, as shown below:
Page-from-User-Manual.png
I have gone through and compared every setting, style, page layout, etc. that I can think of and matched it to my new file, but still cannot replicate this page! :evil:

The page layout assigned to the unlinked TOC item does not provide any clues!
TOC-Item-Properties.png
TOC-Item-Page-Layout.png
I'm not sure where else to look or what I am missing! I even tried copying the page layouts/stylesheets from the original file into another and linking to the same page layouts and still cannot replicate the result. Any help would be great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Using Unlinked TOC Items as Chapter Title Pages

Post by doc_guy »

If the topic in the TOC is unlinked, then that isn't the place to be looking. I'd try looking at the very next topic, opening it in the editor and see if it has the "Chapter X" terminology. If so, it probably has a page-break-after enabled on that block, which puts that text on its own page.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Using Unlinked TOC Items as Chapter Title Pages

Post by NorthEast »

Actually, is that not a PDF target setting?

In the PDF target, go to the Advanced tab, and select the option Inject headings for unlinked books in TOC.

Don't think I've ever used that option, but I'd like to bet that's it!