Autonumbering of dropdown not showing up in pdf-toc

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Manuel S
Jr. Propeller Head

Autonumbering of dropdown not showing up in pdf-toc

Post by Manuel S »

Hello forum,

maybe someone has an idea. We are generating html5- and pdf-output from our project.
In our topics we are using drop-down-text as sub-chapters to increase the usability of our html-onlinehelp. In our Topics we are using for instance:

<MadCap:dropDown>
<MadCap:dropDownHead class="h4" MadCap:autonum="1.0.1.3 ">
<MadCap:dropDownHotspot>Formatierungen</MadCap:dropDownHotspot>
</MadCap:dropDownHead>
<MadCap:dropDownBody>

In the print-section of the css we have the following code:

MadCap|dropDownHead.h4
{
mc-auto-number-format: 'CH:{chapnum}.{n}.{n}.{n+} ';
mc-heading-level: 4;
}

Everything is fine with the html-output.
But in the pdf-toc we have only the name of the sub-chapter, as it is defined in the dropdown-hotspot. The Numbers of the dropdowns are missing in the toc, but normal header-numbers (h4) are showen correctly. Same in the pdf-content: Autonumbers are writte corrct here. So it´s only a definition-problem in the toc or maybe a bug. Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks,
Manuel
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Autonumbering of dropdown not showing up in pdf-toc

Post by ajturnersurrey »

I can't offer a good fix, but have been exploring similar things myself.

Flare doesn't seem to be able to recognise an auto-number as a distinct item, even though it will display in situ, if it occurs within a dropdown. You will find the same issue if you try to cross-reference to the item.

The solution that I have chosen in my output is to leave necessary headings conditioned for pdf only and conditioned the dropdown hotspot text for html5 only, with links to a bookmark which exists in either.