Background-color in body dictates color in pg layout?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
kel322
Propeller Head

Background-color in body dictates color in pg layout?

Post by kel322 »

I'm wondering if anyone else come across this and if there is a logical explanation. Otherwise, is this a bug?

I made a change in my stylesheet to give my body element a background color. I built my PDF target, and the background-color that I defined in my css body element overrides the color that I defined in my page layout file in a decoration frame. I can easily set my background-color in the print portion of my stylesheet to be empty and not have this issue, but this doesn't seem like the correct behavior. I thought that the page layout style would take precedence. Any thoughts or explanations?

I attached a screenshot that shows the properties of the decoration frame set to blue but displaying as purple (which is what I have the background set to in my stylesheet -- for demonstration). When I build the PDF, it also displays this way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Background-color in body dictates color in pg layout?

Post by Nita Beck »

I would think that this is as-designed behavior. The styling that is "closest" to content will take precedence, so I think the background of the body is going to override the background of the decoration frame. In my own design practice, I don't ever set a background color on the body in the medium I use for print output. Typically I set background colors on things like table cells, notifications (notes, cautions, etc.), but not on the whole body.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
kel322
Propeller Head

Re: Background-color in body dictates color in pg layout?

Post by kel322 »

Thank you for your reply, Nita.

I typically don't set a background color for print output either. It originally came up because I changed the background color for the online output and it carried over to the print medium.

I understand that the styling that is the closest to the element takes precedence. I guess I was thinking that the style of the decoration frame was closer to the element than the body style.