Wrong text appears for a variable

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
DoritSapir
Propeller Head

Wrong text appears for a variable

Post by DoritSapir »

I have a variable defined for a document title. When I check the variable, it is correct. It also appears correctly in the topic. However, when I create the PDF. the text is different from that defined in the variable. It seems to default to a previous version of the variable used in earlier iterations of the document. Any ideas?
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Wrong text appears for a variable

Post by AlexFox »

If it doesn't match the Variable in the Target, then check the Snippet Variables for the affected Topic. (Assuming the Variable itself is contained in a Snippet included into a Topic).
DoritSapir
Propeller Head

Post by DoritSapir »

Hi Alex.
It's not contained in a snippet. Unfortunately.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Have you defined the variable in the target?

Open the target, click the Variables tab and take a look at the variable that's not behaving itself. Or open the target in a text editor and see if it's defined in there. (I find the second way easiest.)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Just another idea...
You haven't imported variables from another project by any chance and ended up with more than one set?

I had imported some from another project revently and inadvertently ended up with 2 sets of Variables, with a couple of duplicate names in each.
I was changing the content of a variable that was not actually being used by my target...
Go to the Project Organizer and expand the Variables folder and check that you only have one set.
Fingers crossed.
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------