PDF graphics display poorly; fine in preview

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Lance_Moore
Propeller Head

PDF graphics display poorly; fine in preview

Post by Lance_Moore »

I have a pdf target (meant to actually be printed) with a graphics display issue. The graphics appear fine in Preview (pdf medium selected), but when the PDF is generated, the text fields are either missing or reduced down to one (giant) word. You can see this in the attachment. I am using Flare 2018; 14.0.6708.19620.

I created the graphics in Capture; photos with text fields. I did some hunting around Capture forums, and found it was a best practice to fill in the text fields and the background of the overall graphic with white. Which I tried - the graphics look fine in HTML, but no change in the PDF display. I tried putting white behind a graphic in Flare, which did not help.

If I save the PDF Preview to my desktop, the resulting PDF looks fine. ! Which makes a person think it's a PDF setting, but...

Much appreciate suggestions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: PDF graphics display poorly; fine in preview

Post by ajturnersurrey »

I think you need to update to the latest version of Flare 2018. When 2018 first came out there was a glitch with the size of capture call out text for pdf. It was resolved in one of the patches since - though I can't remember which just now. I am on 14.0.6738.27462 and no longer have the issue.
Lance_Moore
Propeller Head

Post by Lance_Moore »

Thanks.

Unhappily, I can't upgrade yet. There is some sort of security issue; we are waiting on Flare to provide a fix. In the meanwhile, I'm stuck.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

Is reverting to 2017 r3 a possibility? (That didn't have the bug either).