EDIT: Background images wrong size after move to Windows 10

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
TWAnnie
Jr. Propeller Head

EDIT: Background images wrong size after move to Windows 10

Post by TWAnnie »

Hi everyone, I just re-installed Flare 2017 r3 on my new laptop. This one runs Windows 10; the previous one ran Windows 7.
When I open my Flare projects, some background images are the wrong size. They show up too large in the print preview and also in the generated PDFs.
I had the issue with an .eps image - that was resolved by installing ghostscript.
I've already switched off the options for resizing images.

However, I still have several .png images @300 dpi used as background images that now display and print as if they were screen resolution (72 or 96 ppi).
Some use a .css setting as follows:
"background-size: 10mm auto;"
but this seems to be ignored.

Here's a screenshot of what such an image looks like now, and what it should look like. The exclamation mark on the left is too large; on the right it is correct.
madcap_images.png
Any mad ideas about what could be the cause? Much appreciated...

***EDIT***
I switched 'Automatically resize low DPI images' on, and now the image appears in the correct size again. However, the .css background-size setting still doesn't make any difference. So I have to make the image at the desired size in Photoshop for it to show up correctly.
Flare changes the background-position, background-image, background-repeat settings, but not background-size. Very strange.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Good luck and good writing!
TWAnnie
oleksandr_kokoshyn
Propeller Head

Re: EDIT: Background images wrong size after move to Windows

Post by oleksandr_kokoshyn »

I have a similar experience.
Have you found a way to scale vector graphics as background images?