Index output wrong for PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
KHupp
Propeller Head

Index output wrong for PDF

Post by KHupp »

Hi All,
From time to time, I have an issue where my Index will not output correctly to PDF.
I have my Index configured with an Index template that contains 2 columns. The Index is suppose to output like this:
Image1.png
BUT, on occasion I get an output like this:
Image2.png
I have checked my chapter/section settings and even compared to other outputs that have no issues, but I cannot seem to locate the setting or code that is causing this.

Now here is some twist to the plot...
If I delete or exclude a file n my TOC, then it will work. So I attempted to add the content from the excluded file to another file and now I am back to the screwed up index....

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KHupp
Propeller Head

Re: Index output wrong for PDF

Post by KHupp »

So after a lot of trial and error, I found that the word "Auto" is not a good word for the "Keyword" tags.
My original code was:
<h2 class="LevelTwo" MadCap:autonum=" 1.1  ">
<MadCap:keyword term=
"Auto Zero Offset" />Auto Zero Offset</h2>

After removing and adding different lines from the page, I narrowed it down to the <MadCap:keyword term="Auto Zero Offset" />Auto Zero Offset</h2> being the issue.
So I started removing one word at a time... "Auto" being the first.
This fixed my problem, so I started with different variations... I used <MadCap:keyword term="Automatic Zero Offset" />Auto Zero Offset</h2> and that did not fix the issue so I tried <MadCap:keyword term="Device Auto Zero Offset" /> Auto Zero Offset</h2> and that worked!

It seems as though starting the keyword with "Auto" is not good. Just for fun I tried Auto in many different forms including "Autosfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg" and that worked... It seems as though "Auto" and "Automatic" are bad key words.

So now I have <MadCap:keyword term="Device:Auto Zero Offset" />Auto Zero Offset</h2> and this works fine.

Anyone have an idea why this is being "Auto" is inside the keyword tag?

Thanks
Keith
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Sounds like a bug - you might want to report it. Reporting links in my signature.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
dhvied
Propeller Head

Post by dhvied »

Would AutoZeroOffset work, and be a usable term for you?