Word Target files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Word Target files

Post by smajors »

Hi, upon business request, I've been producing some Word files from Flare for review purposes only. Some SMEs prefer Word to review content for changes and insert text there rather than commenting in notes in an Adobe pdf file (also note we've tried Contributor in the past and they still prefer Word). Producing Word from Flare is new to me and I noticed the output creates a separate Resources folder with page layouts and images. If I copy/paste these Word files from a folder on my computer to a different folder on another computer (not a Flare user), the images are removed or won't display unless I also copy the Resources folder to the same location.

Do you know if there's a better way to do this without needing to copy/paste the items in the Resources folder they don't need to look in? I have not tried emailing a copy of the file in fear the images wouldn't appear. It's not that big of an issue but it can cause some confusion why that extra folder is there and I sound like a broken record explaining it over and over.

Thank you.
Technical Writer
Training & Development Team/Marketing Department
whunter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Word Target files

Post by whunter »

In the Word target, on the Advanced tab, enable "Embed images in output".
smajors
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Word Target files

Post by smajors »

Ah, that took care of it! I'm glad it was an easy solution. Thanks so much!
Technical Writer
Training & Development Team/Marketing Department