Build failed (Word target)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cateb
Jr. Propeller Head

Build failed (Word target)

Post by cateb »

Code: Select all

Build failed: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
I'm on a 64-bit machine running the latest Flare and Word 2016. I tried following the RegEdit instructions from four years ago, and there's nothing like what the steps described.

I have another project that compiles to Word just fine, AFAIK.

Anyone know what to do? TIA.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Build failed (Word target)

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Can't answer your question, but wanted to say "Welcome". So, WELCOME! I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a sensible suggestion.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
moshe
Propeller Head

Post by moshe »

I just received the exact same error message:

Code: Select all

Build failed: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
I am receiving this error upon building a target that previously worked fine, having slightly modified the TOC (similar previous modifications to the TOC have never produced such errors). Do you have any further insights into this error, what the problem is, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Moshe
Moshe Davis
Jerusalem, Israel
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

I don't recognise anything about that error message, but standard troubleshooting: create a new TOC, add topics one by one and see whether there's an obvious spot that causes the problem. Does this happen for all Word builds or just that TOC? Does it happen in other Flare projects with new TOCs? Are there errors in other target types (e.g. PDF)?
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.