PDF file shows up in TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cateb
Jr. Propeller Head

PDF file shows up in TOC

Post by cateb »

My print stylesheet stipulates that certain H1 and H2 headings are the only ones that appear in the output TOC. A PDF I'm including in the output has none of these. But the Title field of the PDF displays in the output TOC anyway (and at the level of a chapter heading!), although I'm not using the option "Use TOC depth for heading levels."

Is it because I'm relying on the stylesheet and not "Use TOC depth..." that the PDF displays in the output TOC? I would really rather not rely on that setting.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: PDF file shows up in TOC

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I have experienced the same sort of thing, which meant I had to take a different approach as I wasn't able to set the PDF to anything other than Heading 1. I raised a feature request to allow me to define the heading level of a PDF added to a TOC (it defaults to H1 and you can't currently change that) but haven't heard anything. Please feel free to add a feature request for the same thing. (Because of how our documents are created it's not appropriate for me to use the "heading levels as per TOC depth" setting, so I didn't even try.)

The way I (rather awkwardly) got round it was to include a TOPIC in the TOC and put a link to the PDF in the topic. Because the PDFs live in the Content folder originally, they are automatically put in the Output folder when the file it built. It's a lot less than ideal, but it just about does the trick.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
cateb
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: PDF file shows up in TOC

Post by cateb »

Thanks ChoccieMuffin. I don't know that your work-around will be suitable for the circumstances (government RFP) but I'll experiment.