Word target won't build: 10086 error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Finner
Propeller Head

Word target won't build: 10086 error

Post by Finner »

My project has three documents. Suddenly, for two of them, I am unable to build the Word target. I get this message:

ID 10086: Build failed: Export to doc failed. Conversion to doc can be done manually on the XML file located at file...

This happens after "Saving Word output" in the build process.
I can build to PDF and to HTML5 with no problem, and my coworker can take a zipped version of the project and build Word output successfully on her laptop! I have also tried copying the Word Output target from the project that does successfully create Word output--this does not work either.

I am using Madcap Flare 2018 r2. I would appreciate any suggestions!!!
Finner
Propeller Head

Re: Word target won't build: 10086 error

Post by Finner »

Well, I think I solved this myself. So, for anyone who has a similar problem, here is the answer I found.

The error message for the build gave a path name in the Output > Name > Temporary folder to the main XML file that was produced. You open that XML file and save it to a .DOCX Word file. The result is a file that contains the images and review comments (so long as you set those settings correctly in the build target). There is no TOC, but since I use the Word file only for reviewers, it doesn't matter that much. At least now I can post it for review.