Need Section (chapter) number to show in TOC Proxy

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
miseryshusband
Jr. Propeller Head

Need Section (chapter) number to show in TOC Proxy

Post by miseryshusband »

My customer requires a Chapter-Page number for its page numbering in a pdf output. I have figured that out with the toc set up and on page layout I am using the (system.sectionnumber)-(systempagenumber). Because the page number resets for each section my tocProxy displays properly other than I cant figure out how to show the section number. In the tocProxy, each H1 resets to page 1. I need them to show a 1-1 or 8-30 depending on what section it is.

Additionally I am having the same problem with the listof proxies which I have set up as list of tables and list of figures.

I can't seem to find this on the forums anywhere. Maybe I am missing it.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Need Section (chapter) number to show in TOC Proxy

Post by Nita Beck »

You can accomplish what you’re after by using the second technique described in this Flare Help topic: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... ndexes.htm. (Ignore the fact that that topic specifically discusses print indexes.) The technique will apply to the generated table of contents, list of figures, and list of tables, as well as the index if your PDF has an index. Of course, I’m assuming that your auto-number formats for chapter headings, figure titles, and table titles includes “{chapnum}”.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
miseryshusband
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Need Section (chapter) number to show in TOC Proxy

Post by miseryshusband »

Nita Beck wrote:You can accomplish what you’re after by using the second technique described in this Flare Help topic: http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... ndexes.htm. (Ignore the fact that that topic specifically discusses print indexes.) The technique will apply to the generated table of contents, list of figures, and list of tables, as well as the index if your PDF has an index. Of course, I’m assuming that your auto-number formats for chapter headings, figure titles, and table titles includes “{chapnum}”.
Thank you for getting back to me on this. Works perfectly.