Cover page layout goes bad

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
carmonli
Propeller Head

Cover page layout goes bad

Post by carmonli »

I have a page layout for our cover page that contains our company logo (in its own decoration frame), the relevant software platform and the book title in a following text frame, and then the publication number and date in another text frame.

Normally, everything is fine. Occasionally, when I build the PDF target, the company logo will appear on the cover page by itself, the following page contains the platform/book title, and on a 3rd page the publication number and date appear.

There is nothing that I can think of that I've done that should cause this problem. And what is even weirder is that another PDF target, using the same page layout and style sheet, in the same project, generates perfectly.

This problem has occurred once or twice in the past, but so rarely that I can never figure out a consistent fix. Any ideas about what could be causing this issue?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Cover page layout goes bad

Post by Nita Beck »

I’ve had issues like this when a particular publication’s title is so long that it ends up causing a page break. Perhaps make the frame that contains the software platform and title a bit larger vertically.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
carmonli
Propeller Head

Re: Cover page layout goes bad

Post by carmonli »

Thanks, Nita, but that's not the problem.

The title is short and it hadn't changed since the previous day, and at that time the PDF was generating correctly. The problem just... happened. That's why troubleshooting it is so frustrating - I have no idea what caused it.