PDF output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Siju George
Jr. Propeller Head

PDF output

Post by Siju George »

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to exclude a topic from the TOC in a PDF but the topic needs to be available in the document. If yes, please could you help me with the steps to achieve this functionality.
For example, i have a topic called "Trademarks". Upon generating the PDF document, i do not need it to be listed in the TOC but it must be available in the document.

Regards
Siju
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: PDF output

Post by NorthEast »

Firstly, the topic must be included in Flare's TOC file.

But the contents in PDF/print output is generated from heading level styles in your topics.
By default the heading level styles like h1/h2/h3 will be included in the print contents, as these styles have a mc-heading-level: 1/2/3.
So if you don't want a heading to appear in the contents, you'd usually create a new heading level style, and set its mc-heading-level: 0;.

I'd suggest reading Flare's help, which covers all of this: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... nt-TOC.htm
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I agree with all of Dave's advice. I'd like to add that I find it helpful to distinguish between Flare's TOC (which is a file) and the PDF's generated table of contents. As Dave says, a topic has to be on Flare's TOC file in order for that topic's content to be included in the PDF itself. What you are asking is how to keep a topic's heading from being listed in the PDF's generated table of contents.

(And welcome to the forums! :) )
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Siju George
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Siju George »

Thank you Dave and Nita.

This helped.

Regards
Siju