Cross-References in generated PDF not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
LarryCarey
Propeller Head

Cross-References in generated PDF not working

Post by LarryCarey »

I have cross-references (to Headings) and hyperlinks (to URLs) in my generated PDF. The hyperlinks work fine, but the cross-references don't. They look OK (indicating the correct page number, and rendered blue with underline), but the cursor doesn't react when hovered over, and clicking doesn't do anything at all. What have I missed?

Any ideas are appreciated - thanks!
-lc
Isleofgough
Propeller Head

Re: Cross-References in generated PDF not working

Post by Isleofgough »

That should work fine. Can you paste some of the code for the crossreference? Do the headings have names? In a recent project I did, all crossreferences were to a bibliography. The bibliography file looked something like this:

<p class="Bibliography" MadCap:autonum="1. "><a name="Randall01"></a>Randall, P “The Craft of the Knot: From Fishing Knots to Bowlines and Bends” 2012, p 8.</p>
<p class="Bibliography" MadCap:autonum="2. "><a name="Hage01"></a>Hage, JJ “Heraklas on Knots: Sixteen Surgical Nooses and Knots from the First Century AD” World J Surg, 2008, 32:648-655.</p>

The crossreferences looked something like:
<p>Like the Square knot, the Surgeon’s knot lies flat, and sutures go out the same direction with respect to each side of the loop (behind or in front). (<MadCap:xref href="../../Backmatter/Bibliography.htm#Hage01" class="Endnote">2</MadCap:xref></p>
LarryCarey
Propeller Head

Re: Cross-References in generated PDF not working

Post by LarryCarey »

Just in case anyone is interested, and this is confusing, the cross-refs are now working fine. All I did was re-distill the PDF. Bizarre... :shock: