"Auto Sync Import"/Auto-reimport not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

"Auto Sync Import"/Auto-reimport not working

Post by oceanclub »

Hi all,

I had set up a global project and a child project which uses it, and all is fine. (I have "Auto-import before 'Generate Output'" turned on.)

As expected when I generate a build, the "Auto Sync Import" dialog box is displayed and the relevant files copied from my Global project.

I then set up a second child project, at the same level as the child 1 project, and in this use the same Global file. I have "Auto-import before 'Generate Output'" turned on, as before.

Yet this time, the "Auto Sync Import" dialog box is not displayed and the relevant files not copied.

There's no errors or warnings in the log file.

Any help on why it doesn't work in this situation appreciated,

Paul
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: "Auto Sync Import"/Auto-reimport not working

Post by ajturnersurrey »

A few checks to suggest

1. Are your imported files actually linked? - you can see the link icons against the expected files in your Content Explorer. (If you edit a linked file you get the option to break the link, so they might have been broken. Equally, if you didn't tick 'Link Generated Files to Source Files' in the Import file originally this would never have been set up).

2. Is 'Disable auto-sync of all import files' ticked on the General tab of your target? (This would override what your Import file says.)

3. If all else fails open your import file in Notepad or smilar. You can see there what files are being controlled and what the last timestamp is. Most malfunctions of project linking, that I have seen, have come from erroneous dates getting in here, so that the project thinks it has a newer version of the file than its source. This can happen if you zip your project then unzip it or interact with some content management repositories.

My personal preference is always to reimport manually rather than leave it to run on auto. I like the idea of an automatic process, but in practice I feel I have more control if I run the imports and am reminded about which files are changing.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: "Auto Sync Import"/Auto-reimport not working

Post by oceanclub »

ajturnersurrey wrote:

2. Is 'Disable auto-sync of all import files' ticked on the General tab of your target? (This would override what your Import file says.)
Aha! I didn't know that option even existed. It was turned on for me, I turned it off. (I have no idea why for this particular target it was turned on.)

Many thanks!

P.