FontAwesome in PDF output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Fiona
Sr. Propeller Head

FontAwesome in PDF output

Post by Fiona »

I am losing my battle go get this working and am hoping someone here has had better luck!

I want to include FontAwesome characters in-line in my topics (for example, "press the <apple icon> key"). My output is HTML5 and PDF. I can get the HTML5 to generate the characters but not the PDF and would love some advise/examples.

I am using Flare 2018r2 and FontAwesome 5.7.2.

I've watched the webinar at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/webinars ... e-outputs/ but unfortunately the files he mentions as being available to download to see how he does it aren't available, so I'm trying from scratch. I have installed FontAwesome on my machine and think (!) that I've added it to my Flare project.

In my Flare project I have a single CSS in Resources\Stylesheets\BookStyles.css
I have installed the FontAwesome stylesheet in Resources\FontAwesome\css\FontAwesome.css, as shown in the webinar.
I've linked to the latter from the former, so the first line of BookStyles.css now reads @import url('../FontAwesome/css/all.css');

I've tried Googling for solutions and asked in the "Styles, Stylesheets and XML" section of this forum but I'm hoping someone in this section might have been through this and be willing to share their process as obviously there's something I'm not doing or doing incorrectly.

Thank you. Fiona
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: FontAwesome in PDF output

Post by NorthEast »

Duplicate of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31436&p=136113