Generated PDF has a page inserted before the cover page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
LarryCarey
Propeller Head

Generated PDF has a page inserted before the cover page

Post by LarryCarey »

Everything looks and acts fine in Flare, but when I generate a PDF I'm getting a page inserted before the front cover.
The inserted page shows a table of contents for the doc and includes a level-1 heading that says "TOC".
I can't seem to figure out where it is coming from or why it is there.

In troubleshooting this, I notice that if I remove the first topic in the TOC editor and regenerate a PDF, the resulting PDF starts on the second topic as expected, but still has the mystery page inserted before page 1.

The only way that I've been able to generate a PDF that does not have the mystery page inserted before page 1 is to set the Printed Output / Break Type option to "none". But that option disables the Page Layout options, and while I don't get a mystery page inserted in the PDF, the page layout is not what I want.

BTW, recreating a new front cover topic doesn't help, I still get the mystery page at the front of my PDF. I gather that my problem is at the project level, but I can't find any Project (or other) setting that explains the mystery TOC page.

This one has really got me beat - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
-lc
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Generated PDF has a page inserted before the cover page

Post by Nita Beck »

Sounds like Flare is generating a topic with a TOC proxy during the build. Look in your PDF target on the Advanced tab and make sure that "Generate TOC proxy" is not selected. Hope it's as simple as that.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
LarryCarey
Propeller Head

Re: Generated PDF has a page inserted before the cover page

Post by LarryCarey »

Thanks so much, Nita Beck!
You are awesome, that fixed my issue.