Equation-related Error processing SVG file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Equation-related Error processing SVG file

Post by ruthhoward »

Hi folks

We're still on Flare 2017 r3 (don't ask) and I've just had a couple of automated builds fail in the last week, both with the same error:

Code: Select all

Processing topic: FILENAME.htm
Error processing SVG file
In both cases this was while processing a (different for each failure) topic that contained equations, for PDF targets. These topics have not changed in a long time so there is no source-change reason for their sudden, random failure to build. If we run the build again with no changes, the error disappears. However, this is a large project with many targets and many equations so it takes 3+ hours to build, we don't want to have to rebuild it at random. Its also interlinked with the product build so when the doc build fails, the product build fails. Given the randomness of the failures, I'm not confident that rebuilding will always result in a successful build - we could just as easily experience an equivalent failure for a different topic.

FWIW we're using Bamboo to build on VM agents (and have done for 5 years), I'm asking the build team if anything has changed on those machines recently - the failures have been on more than one agent.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Cheers
Ruth
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Equation-related Error processing SVG file

Post by Feebeegeebee »

I knew I'd seen a thread on issues with SVG files being caused by the Java version.
Does this post shed any light?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18809&hilit=svg#p107624

Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Equation-related Error processing SVG file

Post by ruthhoward »

Thanks Feebeegeebee I already had Java/JRE down as a possible cause. I'm checking with the build team whether there have been any updates to the build agents. I'll forward them that other thread as a poke to remind them to check.