Topics/ Headings and paragraphs repeat in PDF output.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Rashmi Rupam
Jr. Propeller Head

Topics/ Headings and paragraphs repeat in PDF output.

Post by Rashmi Rupam »

When I build the target (PDF) for my project, some of the topics are repeating in the output. Eg: The first chapter/topic, Introduction occurs twice in the generated PDF output. It never happened prior to this. The only thing I am doing different with this project is that I have imported the stylesheet from a previous project. Is that the concern, or anything else? Please if anyone can help me with this!!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Topics/ Headings and paragraphs repeat in PDF output.

Post by Nita Beck »

I've seen this before, although the duplication wasn't for every heading, just one in particular. Took a lot of sleuthing to find the root cause. I can't quite recall where I found the issue, whether it was at the bottom of the topic that preceded the duplicate heading or whether it was the heading itself, but there was some inline formatting being applied at that spot that was causing the duplication. The problem had nothing to do with the stylesheet.

Not sure I've been helpful, but I wanted to mention it...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Rashmi Rupam
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Rashmi Rupam »

Thanks Nita.
As you mentioned, I am also having the repeated content for only two of the topics out of three. the other one is working fine. Do you have any idea about what kind of inline formatting may be causing it, because when I try viewing individual topics in preview, all seem perfect. It only comes up after building the target.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I dug up my notes. Wasn't inline formatting after all. But it was a bookmark in the topic that was being duplicated in the generated table of contents of the PDF. I wrote "I renamed the bookmark and then edited 3 xrefs that pointed to it." I know that I had to do a find in source code to find the three xrefs that I then edited by hand.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Rashmi Rupam
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Rashmi Rupam »

After much research through the forum, I finally got through the below page
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29949&p=130574&hilit=duplicate.
And it helped. as you said, the issue was with multiple referencing.

The issue is resolved now. Thanks :)