Tables running over page footer

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Tables running over page footer

Post by Dave1975 »

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with tables running over several pages that are actually overlapping the page footer (see screenshot). Usually I don't apply tables for documenting procedure steps like this so I never came across this issue before, but it was a requirement from the requestor in this specific case.

Troubleshooting:
- switched settings around for page breaks in the Table styles CSS (under "print options"): page break "inside" vs "default": no change in output
- Tried the same for column/frame breaks although I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it: no change in output
- linked other PDF target to the TOC: same result, so issue not target related
- browsed the forum, found e.g. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15903&hilit=table+page+break => checked out CSS, all page break properties are set to "automatic"

Maybe also relevant: content was added by an engineer in Madcap Contributor. I created a review package in Flare, he added content and I imported the data again in Flare

Unless anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll need to contact Madcap Support.

thank you

grtz

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Re: Tables running over page footer

Post by Dave1975 »

Ok, I found out I completely misunderstood the concept.

Page breaks needed to be set to "avoid" the break in the first place and then the issue with the footer doesn't even occur...