Blank lines in the middle of a TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Papa K
Jr. Propeller Head

Blank lines in the middle of a TOC

Post by Papa K »

Greetings,

I've encountered an odd problem with blank lines appearing in a TOC generated for a PDF.

Haven't been able to find anything in the stylesheet, topic or TOC settings that would account for the problem. It's not showing up in other Flare projects which use the same stylesheet, settings, etc.
TOC spacing problem.jpg
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Blank lines in the middle of a TOC

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

The first thing I would think is that somewhere in your TOC there are topics that have empty paragraphs styled as headings. You might want to take a very close look at the "Attaching the server tray" topic and any sub-topics to see if that's what's happened.

Alternatively, do you have any unaccepted review comments in your topics? I couldn't swear to it (as I don't use review comments like that) but you might need to accept changes in order for them to appear correctly in the TOC.

Another thought: what style is the heading for "Attaching the output tray"? Could there be anything there that's affecting the way the TOC displays?
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Blank lines in the middle of a TOC

Post by Nita Beck »

What about the page layout used for the generated table of contents? Does it have a really short body frame? (I doubt this is the issue, but I’d examine it as part of my own troubleshooting.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!