Word Output - Top/Bottom margins don't match PageLayout

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Word Output - Top/Bottom margins don't match PageLayout

Post by RecPerch »

Surprised I didn't find this problem on here, so maybe I've set up something odd in my project. Anyway.

PDF output is fine.

Word output creates a top page margin of 2.04" and a bottom margin of 1.86". In Frame, the PageLayout margin is 1" top/bottom.

The workaround is simple, and in the Word output, I open the margin properties and change the margins. But wondering if there's something I can do in Flare to get the Word output margins to conform to my Flare PageLayout margins.

Thanks.

Gary
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Word Output - Top/Bottom margins don't match PageLayout

Post by Nita Beck »

My guess is you're out of luck. Flare has never produced equivalent PDF and Word output. In my experience, while the PDF might yield exactly what I'm after, the Word doc will have some formatting discrepancies, even though both targets are using the same CSS. The only thing I can think of you might do is to have a separate stylesheet for the Word target that imports all of the styles from the stylesheet used by the PDF target and then change whatever you need to change in the Word-specific stylesheet to fix the formatting flubs. In my own practice, I've never gone to this kind of trouble because I use Word only for review drafts, never for publication, and I've trained my reviewers to ignore the formatting flubs and just focus on the content.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!