Appendixes have numbers, not letters

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

Appendixes have numbers, not letters

Post by TechWriter85 »

Hello, all.

In my PDF output, my Appendix A appears correctly, but Appendixes B and C both appear as Appendix 01.

For our Appendix A heading style, there is a corresponding TOC style, with the mc-auto-number-format of {a}
For our Appendix B+ heading style, there is no corresponding TOC style.

Is each TOC style autogenerated? All the other heads we include in the TOC have TOC styles, which I did not create manually. I hesitate to create something manually if it is supposed to be the autogenerated output of a process I am somehow skipping.

If I should create it manually, is there a way to clone the Appendix A TOC style and tweak it, as opposed to tediously copying setting by setting?

Thanks for your help.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Appendixes have numbers, not letters

Post by Nita Beck »

For the TOC entries associated with the starting topic of each appendix, have you set a chapter break? And for Appendix B and on, have you set their auto-number to increment from the prior? If yes, you might additionally have to set each one's format to be alpha. (Sorry so brief; I'm not in Flare at the moment.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
TechWriter85
Propeller Head

Re: Appendixes have numbers, not letters

Post by TechWriter85 »

Hi, Nita.

I understand you to be referring to the TOC Editor.

For my Appendix B in the TOC Editor, when I double-click it, I see these things:

---Printed output tab: Chapter Break is selected. For what it's worth, Page number is set to Increment number.

---Auto-numbers tab: Format is set to ALPHA. "Increment number" is selected.

Does anything need to be set in the css? For some reason, there is no TitleAlphaBplusTOC style, while there IS one for TitleAlphaA (TitleAlphaATOC). Does this have any bearing on the problem? Thanks.