Decoration Frame alignment

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
richt
Propeller Head

Decoration Frame alignment

Post by richt »

I'm building a Back page for all of our PDF output. The Page layout has a background image and two decoration frames with a snippet each, while the body frame is completely empty. Likewise, the back page topic is completely blank, and simply has the Page Layout applied to it via the TOC properties.

My problem is that, when building the output, the decoration frames are being moved as if the page had margins and/or padding applied, even if I move the frame edge to the border of the layout (e.g. the left edge). Is this coming from the Master Page Layout defined in the Target (which does have a header, footer and a wider margin for the body)? If so, is there any way of over-riding that master page just for the back page content?
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Decoration Frame alignment

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I've had a quick look at my page layouts, and suggest that instead of having your snippets inside your decoration frames, stick your snippets in the header, footer or body frames (as appropriate) and see what happens. Not promising anything but probably worth giving it a go. I could be wrong, but it's possible the changes are coming from the styles of the paragraphs the snippets are in. So if you separate the text from the pretty pictures, you should get a bit more control.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
richt
Propeller Head

Re: Decoration Frame alignment

Post by richt »

There aren't any pictures in those decoration frames. The only image is a background applied to the entire layout, so it's completely independent of the frames.

Still, I added a Header frame with the same extreme left edge. On build Flare adds the same margin width to the Header as it does to the decoration frames, so it's clearly picking a value up from somewhere that I can't identify.