Title Page for Multiple PDF Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
shoria
Propeller Head

Title Page for Multiple PDF Output

Post by shoria »

I have my entire project generating multiple small PDFs as my output (several sections instead of one giant PDF) and I want my PDF title page (logo, copyright statement, etc) to generate as the title page of each PDF.
I have tried creating a Title Page with the "title info" in the header followed by a Normal Page in my page layout option and that doesn't even print the title page
I tried creating a title topic linked only to the title page and that just printed the title page as a separate PDF

Is my only option truly to create a title "topic" and insert it into the TOC before every chapter break (as that's how my multi-PDFs are created)??
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Title Page for Multiple PDF Output

Post by devjoe »

Maybe.

I have a project that generates two PDFs and the way I do it is a little different, but it does have a separate TOC entry for the title page for each PDF.
Each PDF is a separate target and has a separate TOC, with a separate print-only-tagged copy of the page entries for title page, copyright page, contents page, and index before/after the main content.
The title on the title page is a variable which is specified separately in each target.
The master TOC used for help output references each of these TOCs.