PDFs from madbuild crash Acrobat Reader DC (Flare 2019 r2)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Paul_N
Propeller Head

PDFs from madbuild crash Acrobat Reader DC (Flare 2019 r2)

Post by Paul_N »

We use PDFs for a few of our user facing docs. Some are output from Flare with 'madbuild', and some from FrameMaker + Acrobat Distiller.

Now when we try to open a PDF that's been output by Flare as a print PDF target, and is built from madbuild, we get the error message in the attachment i.e. a security warning that requires me to 'Allow' the opening of the PDF, but when I click on the Allow button it looks like it starts to open the document then Adobe Reader crashes! The PDFs from Acrobat Distiller open just fine.

I've recently updated to the latest Flare 2019 r2, so has madbuild changed it's output so that it crashes Acrobat Reader?

Has anyone else experienced this issue with Flare 2019 r2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: PDFs from madbuild crash Acrobat Reader DC (Flare 2019 r

Post by robdocsmith »

Did you get to the bottom of this issue?
I build both from Madcap itself and using madbuild from command line. Both have been fine, before and after the latest update for me.
Is it a PDF security settings issue with the target perhaps?
Could it be due to an update to Acrobat reader? I had major issues when Adobe did an update of Acrobat DC (full) and had to downgrade for a while.
Do the generated files display OK in a browser or another viewer? Try dragging them into Chrome or Firefox.

Cheers,
Rob