Project view & PDF Preview do not match Target Build

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
aparkes
Propeller Head

Project view & PDF Preview do not match Target Build

Post by aparkes »

I'm having an issue with my PDF output.

In the project the document looks exactly how I want it.
help 01.png
When I preview the file it looks fine.
help 02.png
However when I build and look at my document it looks like this, where the second and third images have shrunk.
help 03.png
I am using a responsive layout for a HTML export, which may be causing the issue however, I don't know why it looks different in my preview compared to my export.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aparkes on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Project view & PDF Preview do not match Target Build

Post by robdocsmith »

I've had issues with DIVs and floats in PDF layouts before. In the end I've had to nail down the dimensions of DIVs (in the print medium) to make sure I'm getting what I want in final PDF output. Which can make it a careful balance in specifying sizes so you get great PDF and keeping things flexible for online output. In the end the compromise for me was always towards PDF which is my primary output.

Cheers,
Rob
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Project view & PDF Preview do not match Target Build

Post by doloremipsum »

Sometimes I have differences between the preview and the output in PDF because the preview doesn't have to worry about other topics. This really got us one time in a document with a lot of images, because things didn't end up where the preview suggested. Might not be your issue though.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.