Newbie with a TOC problem

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
long-tall-texan
Jr. Propeller Head

Newbie with a TOC problem

Post by long-tall-texan »

I'm trying to create a PDF TOC and everything looks good except--I get the cover, copyright page, then the first topic alone on a page, then the second topic alone on a page, then the rest of the TOC on the third page. I've checked my properties and everything is set to Chapter Break, the page layout selected is my 8_5x11 page layout, my page type is continue, my chapter file name is default, and auto end on left page is disabled. I've tried every combination of properties possible and the TOC (which does say Table of Contents) continues to break as described. I read through the help and several of these postings with no luck. This is the first project I worked on. The TOC has worked fine on projects two and three.

I will be very grateful for any suggestions.

long-tall-texan
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Newbie with a TOC problem

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Just guessing, but I'm pretty sure that in your stylesheet p.TOC1 has page-break-before: always;

To fix it, open your stylesheet, in the medium that you use for PDF output, and look at p.TOC1, p.TOC2 etc.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
long-tall-texan
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Newbie with a TOC problem

Post by long-tall-texan »

Thanks for your reply ChoccieMuffin! I did try your suggestion the next day, and that wasn't it. However, it led us to the issue ("deep in the bowels of the stylesheet" said the team member who actually made the fix) and my PDF is now outputting fine. Just wanted to thank you.