TOC page layout not matching up

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
menta_57
Jr. Propeller Head

TOC page layout not matching up

Post by menta_57 »

I'm a new MadCap user and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to manipulate the page layout for my TOC. I was given an already made project and I have to make some updates to it. When I changed the heading for my TOC in the page layouts folder it's only reflected on the first page of the TOC; the second page still has the wrong heading. Not sure why the page layout for the TOC isn't being applied to all the pages rather than just the first one.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC page layout not matching up

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

menta_57 wrote:I'm a new MadCap user and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to manipulate the page layout for my TOC. I was given an already made project and I have to make some updates to it. When I changed the heading for my TOC in the page layouts folder it's only reflected on the first page of the TOC; the second page still has the wrong heading. Not sure why the page layout for the TOC isn't being applied to all the pages rather than just the first one.

Thanks!
Firstly, welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll find them very helpful.

On to your problem, what have you actually edited? Here's what I imagine has happened, but I could have got completely the wrong idea.

I'm assuming that you have a topic (possibly called TOC.html?) that contains a TOCproxy.
In your Flare TOC, that topic containing the TOCproxy is near the top. If you look at the properties for that topic you'll see that it has a page layout applied (let's call it TOC.flpgl).

I suspect you have opened the TOC page layout and have made your edits ONLY to the first page that you see when you opened it. I suspect your TOC.flpgl has more than one page - First and Normal at least, but possibly Left, Right and Empty - so you need to make the same change to all pages in that page layout, not just the first one.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, perhaps you can give some more details on what, exactly, you edited.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
menta_57
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: TOC page layout not matching up

Post by menta_57 »

Thank you so much! That was exactly it!
ChoccieMuffin wrote:
menta_57 wrote:I'm a new MadCap user and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to manipulate the page layout for my TOC. I was given an already made project and I have to make some updates to it. When I changed the heading for my TOC in the page layouts folder it's only reflected on the first page of the TOC; the second page still has the wrong heading. Not sure why the page layout for the TOC isn't being applied to all the pages rather than just the first one.

Thanks!
Firstly, welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll find them very helpful.

On to your problem, what have you actually edited? Here's what I imagine has happened, but I could have got completely the wrong idea.

I'm assuming that you have a topic (possibly called TOC.html?) that contains a TOCproxy.
In your Flare TOC, that topic containing the TOCproxy is near the top. If you look at the properties for that topic you'll see that it has a page layout applied (let's call it TOC.flpgl).

I suspect you have opened the TOC page layout and have made your edits ONLY to the first page that you see when you opened it. I suspect your TOC.flpgl has more than one page - First and Normal at least, but possibly Left, Right and Empty - so you need to make the same change to all pages in that page layout, not just the first one.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, perhaps you can give some more details on what, exactly, you edited.