Generate Multiple Documents in MS Word

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Generate Multiple Documents in MS Word

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

Hello, all. I created a TOC that has folders and sub-folders for a total of 87 topics. I set a Chapter Break for each topic in this TOC. In the Word target, I specified my Master TOC and, in the Advanced tab, selected Generate Multiple Documents in MS Word Output. The build went fine, but when I opened the build, all I got was two pages of file names like it was one big TOC in Word. Where are my individual files?
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Generate Multiple Documents in MS Word

Post by robdocsmith »

Hi Michelle,

Were the documents all generated to the output folder?
This should be <path to project folder>/<projectname>/Output/<username>/ folder. If you right click the completed build in the Builds list and choose Open Output Folder. All successfully built files should be in this folder.

Cheers,
Rob
Michelle_Gardner
Propeller Head

Post by Michelle_Gardner »

:oops: I'm so conditioned to double-click on the finished build, that it never occurred to me to check THE OUTPUT FOLDER. What a dunce I can be! Thank you, Rob. That's exactly where they are.
jamesns
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jamesns »

Hi, Michelle!

I know this is an old topic, but do you by any chance know how to make Flare NOT generate this Word document with a list of the file names?

I don't have a use for this file, and it's being published to my destination along with the other individual documents, and I don't want that.