Build Fail: Index out of range

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ihumby-09
Propeller Head

Build Fail: Index out of range

Post by ihumby-09 »

Hi.

I recently created a document in a project (I copied/pasted existing files into a new document). When I went to build the Word book, I got the following build error:

Build Failed: index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: Index

Not sure what this means. First time in 1.5 years I've gotten this message. BTW - I use Microsoft OneDrive.

If it's related to indexes, I don't have one. It probably means something in the MadCap database?

I went through entire document and updated hyperlinks (just in case). I double-checked the TOC Editor information to make sure I didn't mess up document names.

keep getting this error.

Any help is appreciated.

Irma
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Build Fail: Index out of range

Post by doloremipsum »

You're probably right about it being related to Flare's database. I don't know what is causing the error, but some basic troubleshooting:
  • Close Flare, delete the Analyzer folder, open Flare, try again.
  • I'm not sure how OneDrive works, but can you do a full synchronise? Clear everything out of the working directory.
  • Try building with a different target. Does the error still occur?
  • Different stylesheet? Different master page/page layout?
  • Create a new TOC and add the relevant topics to it one by one. Build after each addition. Does the error still occur? Which topic seems to introduce it?
These should give you a start on where the problem might lie.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.