Headings and microcontent in Word output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cgavlas
Jr. Propeller Head

Headings and microcontent in Word output

Post by cgavlas »

Hello,

I am still fairly new to Madcap Flare. In my attempts to take advantage of Flare's usability features, I have run into a number of stumbling blocks such as the one I am experiencing now.

I have created microcontent (for the purposes of search results) from the introductory sections of a number of topics, creating the following syntax:

Code: Select all

<microcontent>
<h1>Header</h1>
<p>Introductory content</p>
</microcontent>
Now, when I create a Word-based output from this project (for draft review), the headers that fall within a microcontent tag do not appear in the Navigation pane (the TOC that Word displays on the side panel based on the current document's header elements). It does not make sense to me that the microcontent tag has any effect on the hierarchy of its contents and I am unsure how to work around it other than adding more tags/conditional text/etc., which will create additional work and confusion for me and any future technical writers in my workplace.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues related to microcontent? Is there a reason why print outputs even take the

Code: Select all

<microcontent>
tag into consideration?