Page breaks in tables of WORD output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
witia1990
Propeller Head

Page breaks in tables of WORD output

Post by witia1990 »

I have a problem with tables that should not break across pages.

1. I have used the tip from here https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/mad ... uping-css/,
and I used div tag around my table. In MadCap it looks like this
Madcap_break_page_table.png
Unfortunately after built, the result is the following:
WORD_break_page_table.png
I don't know where this additional paragraph comes from but I am sure that I don't want it. Probably from wrong conversion between MadCap and MS WORD.
Do you have any idea how to fix this?

2. I have also tried simple page-break-inside = avoid property of table tag but it doesn't seem to be recognized by MSWord after built :cry:

Do you have any idea how to deal with page breaks in any other way?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Page breaks in tables of WORD output

Post by Nita Beck »

I have always seen that extra paragraph after tables in Flare-generated Word files. I think it's just how Flare has been programmed. Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, Word has no concept of a div, and MadCap has programmed Flare to convert a div into a table, so I think you are getting that extra paragraph becuase it follows the table that had been the div. I don't think there's any way around it, other than perhaps inventing a macro in Word that you can run post-generation.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!