Color in TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
erinhill
Propeller Head

Color in TOC

Post by erinhill »

Is there a way to get color in the TOC for PDF output? I would like a colored box before the chapter number. That color will correspond with a tab.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Color in TOC

Post by robdocsmith »

Not through Flare I'm afraid. Not at the moment anyway. I can see many uses for linking a sub TOC style to a sub heading style so that TOC1.section1 is picked from H1.section1. But the TOC automation doesn't do this at present. Maybe make a feature request for something like this functionaility? There are a few things relating to having coloured sections that could be made easier with some styling tweaks. Having a Heading.Level1 variable for instance that picks up a a similar sub H1 style would make it very easy to make coloured headings without multitudes of page layouts.

The only thing you can do I think is to add coloured blocks post process in the PDF directly. A hassle for sure. If they were always in the same spots on the same pages of the TOC you could script this maybe.

Rob