Images extending editing area in XML editor

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
witia1990
Propeller Head

Images extending editing area in XML editor

Post by witia1990 »

Hi,
I have such a question. Is it possible to set somehow settings of the XML editor area so that images will not extend the editing area, like in this picture:
Image extending area.png
I am familiar with all the resize options described here:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... Images.htm

All in all, MS WORD autofits the picture to its body area:
Image in WORD.png
Is it possible to set Flare, so that the image autofits to the body of XML editor like in MS WORD (in any other way than using a style)?
I have to add that I am using Flare 2017 r3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Images extending editing area in XML editor

Post by robdocsmith »

The short answer is that Flare isn't Word.

The XML editor is mostly WYSIWYG bounded by whatever rules defined in the CSS styles and page layouts.

If you set a default "width: 100%;" or "max-width: 100%;" on IMG tags in your stylesheet, the image will be limited to fill 100% of the width of the containing element. Without this limitation, or another local setting on each image, the editor inserts an image at full width of the image. I find this helpful as it indicates where images can be edited or reconfigured to suit the print page.

A global "width: 100%;" or "max-width: 100%;" may not be what is desired in all circumstances, particularly where you have a mix of portrait and landscape images that may exceed page boundaries with a default setting.

Rob