Files imported from Confluence excluded from PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cheryle297
Jr. Propeller Head

Files imported from Confluence excluded from PDF

Post by cheryle297 »

I imported approximately 100 files from Confluence. I created two TOCs - one for Web and one for print with basically the same files.
The Web target compiles correctly and is complete. The PDF target compiles and creates a PDF, but stops in the middle of the 20th file.
There are no build errors. I have no conditions on these files. Anyone know what is going on?
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Files imported from Confluence excluded from PDF

Post by doloremipsum »

This happens sometimes when there's one topic which the builder doesn't like for some reason. Try removing Topic 20 or 21 from the TOC and building to see if the whole thing is completed. If so, that's where your problem is.

I have a vague memory of a time this happened to me: I believe that the topic contained an image file too large in dimension for the PDF to handle, so it just stopped. That could explain why your web output works. The solution there would be to make sure that the image is sized correctly for the PDF.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
cheryle297
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by cheryle297 »

Thanks! Although your suggestion didn't work directly, it pointed me in the right direction. I kept removing files until I finally got the rest to be included.
The problem was in three files. Somehow the Confluence content (and thus the Madcap content) contained tables with all rows contained in a <thead>. This looked OK on the Confluence page and in the Flare Web output, but caused the PDF to fail. All looks good now.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

Ooh, I can see how that would cause a problem. The thead causes all the rows to be repeated on each new page in the PDF, so if the table was longer than a single page you'd get an endless repeat... I assume Flare cut the document off in self defence!

Glad I could help!
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.