x-ref to page influencing the whole paragraph in MS WORD

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
witia1990
Propeller Head

x-ref to page influencing the whole paragraph in MS WORD

Post by witia1990 »

I do not know how to stop the cross-reference to page in MadCap from influencing the part of the paragraph in MS WORD.
I have created the following MadCap | xref class:
Xref_class.png
In a topic in XML editor I applied a cross-reference to a table in the other topic in the following way:
Xref_MadCap.png
Unfortunately in MSWORD output, I am getting the following result:
Xref_WORD.png
Do you know why the part in red box has inherited some properties (except colour) of the cross-reference style?
And, what is more important, how to avoid this in MS WORD output?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: x-ref to page influencing the whole paragraph in MS WORD

Post by doloremipsum »

Can you paste the HTML code of that paragraph in the topic? It looks like the last half of the line is inside the underline formatting from the xref.

When your cursor is inside an xref, often you have to press LEFT or RIGHT several times to 'escape' the formatting. This is because an xref tends to be made up of several inline elements/spans.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
witia1990
Propeller Head

Re: x-ref to page influencing the whole paragraph in MS WORD

Post by witia1990 »

Thanks for your answer.
To be honest I checked that too but here is the code of the paragraph that is written in the Text Editor:

Code: Select all

<p>Link to <MadCap:xref href="Table.htm#Caption" class="Ref_to_caption">Table 1 on page 1</MadCap:xref> is a special reference to table.</p>