MadCap:Xrefs not working if they span topic folders

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
writer_sam
Propeller Head

MadCap:Xrefs not working if they span topic folders

Post by writer_sam »

Apologies in advance; I wasn't sure if this belongs in this discussion or the Stylesheets one.

So I'm using Flare 2020 r2. There are a number of weirdness happening with this version that I'm not happy with but this is the biggest one.

I have a folder structure for my topics, based around how the URL will form when outputted to HTML5:

Content
...Product
...|_Folder1
......|_Topic1a
......|_Topic1b
...|_Folder2
......|_Topic2a
......|_Topic2b
...|_Product-TopicA
...|_Product-TopicB

The same topics are used to generate a PDF.
I use MadCap:xrefs throughout both outputs. There are no problems with the xrefs when used in the HTML5 output. There's a weirdness with the PDF output.

If the xref is to a topic in the same level folder, it's fine; but when it's to a topic in another folder it puts in the number of ../ required to get back to the root of my HDD when trying to go to the linked topic.

Topic A contains:
<p class="bullet1"><MadCap:xref href="Product-TopicB.htm">Some Words</MadCap:xref></p>
<p class="bullet1"><MadCap:xref href="Folder1/Topic1A.htm">More Words</MadCap:xref></p>
<p class="bullet1"><MadCap:xref href="Folder2/Topic2B.htm">A Plethora of Words</MadCap:xref></p>

Only the top link will work in the output :shock:
It's not conditioned or anything fancy.

If I change them to <a href> (which I really don't want to do as it loses the auto-update with the heading text), then it looks for the topic only in the same folder, ie. expecting Topic1A at the same level as Product-TopicB.

I really don't remember anything like this happening in previous versions of Flare or have I not been too thorough with my proof-reading?
Any ideas if there's a problem or has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
TIA.
To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.