Word export content getting exported into tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
incrytpo
Jr. Propeller Head

Word export content getting exported into tables

Post by incrytpo »

Hello,

I have something I can't figure out where Microsoft Word content for most of our topics is getting exported into tables, and sometimes doesn't, but usually does. I'm on a project where we need to export over 6,000 documents from Flare so that they can be imported into a ServiceNow knowledge base. However, most of the articles are having their content exported into Word tables, and that's causing some issues when importing into ServiceNow.

Has anyone run into anything like this before? I can provide more details if necessary.

Thanks,
Steve
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Word export content getting exported into tables

Post by doloremipsum »

Do you use a lot of divs in your content? They are replaced by single-cell tables in word output (not sure why exactly).
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
incrytpo
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Word export content getting exported into tables

Post by incrytpo »

Sorry for the late reponse, doloremipsum, but yes that is it, thank you! The MindTouch wiki export hmtl files have divs all over the place in the content, which explains the tables. That was driving me nuts. Bad news is there's no way we can get rid of them before exporting to Word/importing to ServiceNow and will just have to live with it.

Steve