turn off pdf/a compliance in pdf output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

turn off pdf/a compliance in pdf output

Post by cayennep »

Recently, when I opened a pdf output from Flare, I got an extra button in the nav bar, which shows this info and also adds a bar at the top saying it's uneditable, asking whether to enable editing.
PDF compliance.png
Not sure if this is only a factor of adobe, since they change things at random and our IT dept doesn't give us much say, but any tips whether this is something that can be turned off in flare's pdf output appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: turn off pdf/a compliance in pdf output

Post by cayennep »

doh! asking the question sometimes makes the answer appear elsewhere.

it's in the target settings > pdf options. Not sure how that got turned on, but in case this helps others
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

Yes it was a new feature automatically turned on in PDF output in the latest Flare update. It surprised me too when every PDF I opened subsequent to the upgrade popped up a PDF/A popup in Acrobat. More that the popup looked more like a warning to me than a helpful message. There's a workaround to turn off viewing in PDF/A mode in Acrobat (Go to Edit - Preferences - Documents - PDF/A View Mode), but since I can't control how my readers will view the PDF I turned PDF/A off in Flare output instead.

Rob
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

as I mentioned, I did find this flare setting - wish they did not turn things on by default in new releases!

however, not entirely sure this is true as I checked the other targets and they were fine - but will def check again, so thanks!