Columns in a Footer

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Shredder
Propeller Head

Columns in a Footer

Post by Shredder »

Hi,

I am wondering how to use columns in the footer frame of a page layout. I would like to add a variable and have it displayed on the opposite side of the page number. Theoretically I could create a CSS rule, but I presume there is a another method in Flare...?
Shredder
Propeller Head

Re: Columns in a Footer

Post by Shredder »

Actually I managed to solve the problem myself after experimenting around a bit.

My footer is 3 paragraphs high. Adding a second column gives me 2x 3 paragraphs. If you toggle and activate the tags, you can create six empty paragraphs. Then just put what you need where you want it. See the image.

For this, I also created a paragraph style with "align-text: right" so the content of the second column is flush with the right side of the frame. Woof!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

Many ways to skin this cat...
I've used tables with left/right/centre aligned content as appropriate, or DIVS with float left/right positioned content.
I've even used a spacing graphic to push stuff around where I wanted it to go (not an ideal solution by any means!)

Whatever works for you and is easiest to visualise/maintain :)

Rob
Shredder
Propeller Head

Post by Shredder »

robdocsmith wrote:Many ways to skin this cat...
I've used tables with left/right/centre aligned content as appropriate, or DIVS with float left/right positioned content.
I've even used a spacing graphic to push stuff around where I wanted it to go (not an ideal solution by any means!)

Whatever works for you and is easiest to visualise/maintain :)

Rob
Yeah, I thought about using divs, too. Then I noticed there was a simpler option after clicking around. :)